Child Arrangements

Making arrangements for your children can be one of the most stressful and challenging time of any divorce or separation.


If you and your ex-partner cannot agree on the time your children will spend with each parent, the Court has the power to make decisions for you, known as Child Arrangements Orders. 
Child Arrangement Orders, which have replaced Child Contact, Child Custody Orders and Residence Orders, are legal agreements setting out where a child should live (residence), who they should spend time with (contact) and who the children are allowed to see during the contact.

There are 2 types of Child Arrangement Orders;

We can provide practical advice and professional support.

Breaching a child arrangement order

The Court has a wide range of powers in the event of any breach taking place without reasonable excuse, these include;

Can a child arrangements order be changed?

Yes. You are able to apply to the court to vary a child arrangement order if this is something you are unable to agree with the other parent. You should apply to vary the terms of the order, rather than denying access or breaching the order and potentially allowing the other party to apply for enforcement proceedings.

We are here to assist you in negotiating and legally agreeing issues relating to your children.

Recommended Service

The Team

Pavneet Matharu

Family Law Solicitor

View Profile

Louise Dewell

Chartered Legal Executive

View Profile

Erica Wakeman

Trainee Solicitor

View Profile

Salvia Akram


View Profile

Get in Touch

We use cookies to improve your experience and to help us understand how you use our site. By using this site, you accept our use of cookies. Learn more x