If you want to evict a tenant, you’ll need to follow a legal process which starts by issuing a Section 8 or Section 21 Notice. Depending on whether you have a periodic tenancy which is rolling and runs week to week or month to month, with no specific end date or a fixed term tenancy, a different procedure may be applicable. You should get legal advice before serving any notices to ensure you are following the right steps. 

Once you have serviced notice, if the tenant does not vacate the property, the next step is to issue a County Court Claim for possession. This often results in the court ordering the tenant to give up possession of the property by a certain date.

In the event that the tenant fails to give up possession of the property, the last resort is to appoint a County Court Bailiff to evict the tenant.


Contact Us

At GloverPriest, we understand navigating the law can be a difficult task to take on alone. That’s why we created this comprehensive guide to help promote information for everyone to use.

If you’re looking to speak to a solicitor, please call us from the number below. Alternatively, you can fill out our online form and we’ll be right with you.

Phone Icon 0121 794 5814

Take a look at some of our more frequently asked questions.

We are confident you'll find the information useful, and if you would like to know more or your question is not covered please contact us using our contact form at the foot of the page, or alternatively call us.

We use cookies to improve your experience and to help us understand how you use our site. By using this site, you accept our use of cookies. Learn more x