When you instruct a conveyancing solicitor there are a number of questions that you should ask. Since there are many conveyancers and conveyancing solicitors around, it is important that you choose one that is right for you and that is part of a regulatory body so that you can trust them as a reliable company.
Some important questions to ask include the following:
- How much will you charge?
- Is your fee a fixed fee?
- How much will it costs if the sale/purchase falls through?
- How long is the process?
- What documents will you need from me to start the process?
- What documents will you need from me overall?
- When will you update me on my case?
- How will you update me?
- Who are you regulated by?
- When should I close my Help to Buy ISA?