The documents that your solicitor will ask for in the conveyancing process will be dependent on whether you are buying or selling the property.


Firstly, for both parties, solicitors will ask for proof of identification which will include a passport or driving licence and proof of address.


The documents needed when buying a house include proof of funds and a mortgage offer. For proof of funds, you will need to provide bank statements to show that you have the required money in your possession for the house deposit. For the mortgage offer, this must be an official document from the mortgage lender confirming the terms of the mortgage including how much they will lend and the repayment amounts. 


The documents that solicitors need when selling a house include the following:


  • Proof of ownership - Property Title Deeds
  • Seller’s Property Information Form
  • Certificates, guarantees, and planning permission documents
  • Details of everything included in the purchase- Fitting and Contents Form 
  • Energy Performance Certificate
  • Leasehold or shared freehold information
  • Mortgage details

Take a look at some of our more frequently asked questions.

We are confident you'll find the information useful, and if you would like to know more or your question is not covered please contact us using our contact form at the foot of the page, or alternatively call us.

We use cookies to improve your experience and to help us understand how you use our site. By using this site, you accept our use of cookies. Learn more x