Yes, you do need a solicitor when buying your freehold, as there are specific legal processes that need to be followed and legal documentation to be handled.

The process of buying a freehold is lengthy and involves several legal documents, so hiring a solicitor will make the process easier. When looking for a solicitor, you should aim to contact a few firms to find the one most suitable.

A solicitor will help you through the formal procedure, as there are several steps that are taken when buying a freehold. For example, if you cannot agree on a price to buy your freehold, you can apply to a tribunal to help with the decision. You will also need a solicitor to help you register the lease extension with the Land Registry. 

Contact Us

At GloverPriest, we understand navigating the law can be a difficult task to take on alone. That’s why we created this comprehensive guide to help promote information for everyone to use.

If you’re looking to speak to a solicitor, please call us from the number below. Alternatively, you can fill out our online form and we’ll be right with you.

Phone Icon 0121 794 5814

Take a look at some of our more frequently asked questions.

We are confident you'll find the information useful, and if you would like to know more or your question is not covered please contact us using our contact form at the foot of the page, or alternatively call us.

We use cookies to improve your experience and to help us understand how you use our site. By using this site, you accept our use of cookies. Learn more x